Intelligent Printer Interface
The LOGIX Board Intelligent Printer Interface (IPI) provides a complete printing solution to remote locations where control and reliability are critical.
With our technology, you can achieve combination of unparalleled, affordable, high-volume and ultra-reliable remote printing capabilities. Our intuitive design makes deployment exceptionally quick and easy, and eliminates the frustration of lost remote print jobs.
Whether your goal is to improve reliability or reduce costs, you can select the right features and options to meet your specific requirements.
LOGIX IT engineers optimize your network for maximum reliability.
How it Works
Recommended for companies that process orders at a central location, then have them print at a remote location(s).
- A client contacts your call centre and places an order.
- The call centre processes the order at a central location.
- The call centre sends the order to the printer of the location that will fulfill the order.
- The order prints at the remote location.
Whether you are in the rush of your busiest food delivery hour or juggling multiple flower deliveries for Mother’s Day – the LOGIX IPI will print your orders faster, easier and more reliably than any other remote printing option.
The LOGIX Intelligent Printer Interface features a Zilog® 20 MHz processor-based PC architecture with solid-state design (no moving parts), protected OS kernel and 256K of non-volatile RAM.
- Installs internally into an OKI® ML18x Series Printer
- Does not require separate or external power source
- User Installable in minutes
- Easy access 8 position dip switch allows simple access to user configurable options: Baud, Bits, Parity, Protocol and Print Options
- Serial interface uses standard PC serial interface pin-out, requires only a standard 25M-F modem cable
- Large 32K byte, non-volatile RAM drive to prevent data loss
The LOGIX Intelligent Printer Interface (IPI) has a specialized simple to use protocol that allows the printer status to be polled from the master location. The LOGIX IPI is designed to operate as an appliance, requiring no special skills or training for enhanced ease of operation. Flexible options and an array of special features make it easy to lower the cost of connectivity in a variety of solutions.
The IPI is interoperable with solutions supporting both LxIP and the older industry protocols. Therefore customers have the flexibility of choosing the protocol they wish to use.
Information in this document is provided in connection with Call-One and LOGIX products. No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Except as provided in LOGIX’s Terms and Conditions of Sale for such products, LOGIX assumes no liability whatsoever, and LOGIX disclaims any express or implied warranty, relating to sale and/or use of LOGIX products including liability or warranties relating to fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or infringement of any patent, copyright or other intellectual property right. LOGIX products are not intended for use in medical, lifesaving, or life sustaining applications. LOGIX may make changes to specifications and product descriptions at anytime, without notice.